From the Outlook web app, there are two ways to gain access to a shared mailbox you've been given permission to. The videos below will demonstrate the instructions provided for each method.
In order to open a mailbox other than your own, you must have permissions to the mailbox. If you are not sure whether you have permissions to a mailbox or if you need access to a mailbox, contact your system administrator.
Method 1: Add a Shared Folder - This is best for mailboxes you will need to use and monitor frequently
- Right click the 'Folders' heading in Outlook
- Select 'Add a Shared Folder'
- Enter the name or email of the shared mailbox you wish to add and select the account from the populated list
- Click 'Add'
- Locate the shared folder in your Outlook folder list
Method 2: Open Another Mailbox - This is best for mailboxes you will access infrequently
- From the Outlook web app, click your profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the option 'Open another mailbox.'
- In the field that opens, type the name or email address of the mailbox you want to open.
- Click 'open' - the mailbox will be opened in a new browser tab.